How Much Land Do You Have?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
What a beautiful piece of property! Very nice to see you out there combing/brushing one of the calves :D When I move this coming summer, I'll be looking for land very similar to that, but I can't afford anything that large... Wish I could, but I didn't win the recent lottery... Something in the 10-40 acre range.

The Curly girl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It is @Mini Horses :) it was hard to get use to it at first, believe it or not. I was used to having a store close by, many family reunions and lots of friends... But it is all a process and I have learned to focus on the positives and embrace it all. :)

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, it is beautiful there! It's a treat seeing all that green, too, reminds me that this winter won't last forever. Thanks for the 'tour'!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is beautiful @The Curly girl !!! It is so typical of east Texas, lush pastures, forest and lakes. I am glad that you are happy and have found that peaceful place that is from the glory of God. You have a special piece of paradise.

The Curly girl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank You guys so much. And yes...it is truly paradise. I have always loved animals and nature... I feel very fortunate to live in such a safe place too. I see animals every day that I had never seen outside a zoo before.... Like deer, gorgeous birds, eagles, etc... It has made me realize even more how wonderful God is and how much he loves me.
(Sorry, didn't mean to get spiritual an y'all)
FB_IMG_1453012464611.jpg

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don't kill our cows, we sell them ... My hubs said these kind of cows aren't really used for meat, but for investment, or something like that...so I think they will not end up in anyone's plate... Not that there is anything wrong with that.
The cattle have a Braford look to them. Do you ever get any tigerstripes?

kccjer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We have around 20 acres. About 3 is Farmstead the rest is pasture. We have 32 goats, 2 burros, 2 llamas and 9 horses. We have poultry and mini pigs also but the pigs aren't suppose to free range and the poultry pretty much stays in the homestead area. Luckily the west side of my pasture gets the irrigation run off from my Dad's irrigated corn so that third of the pasture stays green almost year round. The picture shows the farmstead area. Unfortunately, the corral and bins still belong to my dad. The pasture stretches out behind the house and has a pond on the far north end.

Attachments

• Farm Pic 2015.jpg
    Farm Pic 2015.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 169

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wow, quite a nice farm! Is the pond stocked? can you fish in it?

kccjer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The pond use to be stocked with bullheads. Yummy...not. LOL It dried up for a couple years so there isn't anything in it. It is actually a tailwater pit from ditch irrigation. Not very deep and does still dry up when we don't get any rain.