how much should the baby move?

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We opted to wait for tilda to kid as a two year old to give her more time to mature (we also have another who will be two and kidding as well as two who will be three kidding) so March 3rd she turns two. She had the floppy ears but lost about 1/3 of them to frost bite at birth at the persons home she was born at. She is bored to a nubian buck but I'm more concerned about her milking capabilities, yum!
Her breeding was accidental... my dad's girlfriend brought home a Nigerian buck as a companion for her not knowing he wasn't whethered and she was caught earlier than I would have liked.... :( that's why I'm so worried about something going wrong

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It Itsounds like it was was a good thing you got her from that other owner ... poor girl... our first priorities are our animals. specially during the winter... before anything we make sure they have a safe shelter to hide from the winds, actually at the moment she is in an old smoke shed a meter off my room that hasn't been used for a smoke house for a decade... it's it's very warm inside and that's where we would like her to stay for a little bit till the snow is gone or till the wind dies down... and plus I can easily check on her at night closer closer to her due date

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok that's good sized. I wouldn't be too concerned at the moment. I look at it this way, it's too late to go back so just try to relax and it will all happen the way it should.
Thanks. I've never dealt with an animal being born besides rabbits and usually you don't need to help them.... any signs you've noticed in your flock I should look out for? Right now her ligaments are still there but she is extremely restless everytime it kicks she panics and jumps up if she was lying down, if I am around during the birth how do I know if she is in trouble? I'm just tying to get as much advice and facts put together as possible

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
You'll know when she's in labor. They paw the ground, they have discharge and the ligs go, they also will talk gently to their bellies or you. The udder a will get big and shiny as well usually. But everyone is very different. They will also make you think they are in labor some times and play games with you.... Doe code.