How much to feed Duh

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The ear tag is ginormeous!!! yes that's my own little word and I likes it :) I'd love to take it off him.

I did his food in a bucket tonight was quite entertaining. I let him suckle on my finger then kept moving my hand down to the bucket, he drank a little of it from the bucket then got bored with it I guess and decided my elbow was better LOL. I will try again tomorrow didn't have a ton of time tonight.

Finally the folks that had horses in our pasture got them out of there today so now we can burn it and get it drug and hopefully greened up for Duh soon

redtailgal

Reaction score
I say ginormous too! I have an assortment of little strange words that drive my hubby crazy, but when I want to really rile him up I will call a calf a "little baby moo cow". :lol:

It may take a couple times on the bucket.

Funny story for ya. I had a heifer calf once that I named Patience, because she was full of herself, and I needed to constantly remind myself to be patient. Anyway, soon after I let her out into the big field, she didnt come to the barn one night. I was worried and went to the house to get a search party. When hubby asked me what was wrong, without thinking I said "I've lost Patience".

:rolleyes: I am now giving more thought to what I name the critters.

So, one day, when your calf is out of site and you are walking around the pasture yelling "duh"......just know that you will be the topic of discussion at someone's dinner table. :lol:

edit: Well, I did mess up without thinking about it. I've named the bull "Shut-up". Wonder what people will say when I wander around screaming "SHUT UP". Straight jacket anyone?

Roy and Vicky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Duh is rather amusing entertainment.

I have a huge vocabulary of strange words that I make up and usually they fit very well.

Growing up my mother looked pretty funny going to the door and calling "No Name" and "Porky" the cats in the house.

Imagine those that name their dogs D-O-G I've seen that. had a friend how had a three legged dog named tri-pod. I have a cat named Shed (Short for SH** head) and he lives up to his name!!!!

Duh is so fun to get wound up playing. Don't think I'll do a whole lot of it today because it's rained all day and I'm sure his area is pretty muddy and about the time I get him running in and out of the coup he'll run into me and I'll be part of the mud in his yard LOL.

Most tell me don't get too attached to him, I just keep thinking not sure how I can get too attached to a steak lol., he's just fun and a new adventure right now.

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
I say ginormous too! I have an assortment of little strange words that drive my hubby crazy, but when I want to really rile him up I will call a calf a "little baby moo cow". :lol:

It may take a couple times on the bucket.

Funny story for ya. I had a heifer calf once that I named Patience, because she was full of herself, and I needed to constantly remind myself to be patient. Anyway, soon after I let her out into the big field, she didnt come to the barn one night. I was worried and went to the house to get a search party. When hubby asked me what was wrong, without thinking I said "I've lost Patience".

:rolleyes: I am now giving more thought to what I name the critters.

So, one day, when your calf is out of site and you are walking around the pasture yelling "duh"......just know that you will be the topic of discussion at someone's dinner table. :lol:

edit: Well, I did mess up without thinking about it. I've named the bull "Shut-up". Wonder what people will say when I wander around screaming "SHUT UP". Straight jacket anyone?
Funny name stories! RTG

Our black labs name is Bull (like a bull in a china shop) . When we first moved onto our property, which sits high on a hill, Bull was a puppy. So needless to say, we were outside calling him, trainning him quite a bit. One day, we went to visit our neighbor that is at the bottom of the hill. After we had talked for a while, he politley said, "you know...your voices carry down over the hill. Sometimes when you are having private conversations, I can hear you." At first I thought, "creepy!" But then we wondered, what could he be talking about, we wouldn't have private conversations so loudly that our voices would carry. Finally, we figured out, he could always hear us yelling, Bull! Bull! Bull! :D Yep, we didn't think that one through!

I think that "Duh" may fall into that same catagory! He is so cute though, who cares what the neighbors think. :D

edit: here to hear

Latest posts