How to cure scabies ?

Asfandyar

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
IMG_20211112_220516.jpg
Hi guys can anyone give me leads how to cure this scab on my Newzealand white bunny less then a month old , I dont know how to inject a rabbit , but i am applying Fucidine on the scab , what else should i do to cure it ASAP ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you know the cause? Was he bit or in that location I would suspect a tooth problem. Is he eating/drinking ok? I would clean daily with a gentle soap and water, then a OTC triple anticbiotic cream and a shot or two of penicillin.
Just my opinion I would not suspect it to be scabies unless there are other affected areas or bunnies. I believe Ivermectin will treat scabies. (They're a skin mite)

Asfandyar

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Do you know the cause? Was he bit or in that location I would suspect a tooth problem. Is he eating/drinking ok? I would clean daily with a gentle soap and water, then a OTC triple anticbiotic cream and a shot or two of penicillin.
Just my opinion I would not suspect it to be scabies unless there are other affected areas or bunnies. I believe Ivermectin will treat scabies. (They're a skin mite)
Hi ,i really dont know the cause as next to this bunnies cage their is a female who gave birth recently , also this Bunnies mom and her siblings none of them have scabies , maybe she bit the poor boy as she is a bit temperamental but on the contrary the wound day by day is increasing which leads me to suspect scabies , sadly i dont know how to inject but i am applying Fucidine ! What else should i do to cure it asap , if you have anything in mind do let me know .
Thanks !!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
The wound doesn't look like scabies. Scabies is a skin mite. This looks like a staph infection. Is this the only kit with this type of sore? The scab itself looks like t s kind of oozy.

I would check the mother's teats since if this is contagious it will spread to her teats from nursing. Definitely give some antibiotics, and treat the sore by cleaning it and using an antibiotic cream on it.

Latest posts