How to do a search for info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Use the search bar at the upper right part of the forum. Just enter the phrase/topic that you are looking for

2014-06-04 11_35_56-BackYardHerds.com.png

2014-06-04 11_39_49-BackYardHerds.com.png

The Search Results will then appear.

2014-06-04 11_42_06-Search Results for Query_ how to search BYH _ BackYardHerds.com.png

Nifty has a thread on BYChickens that has really useful tips. I have copied and pasted them here as I really don't think I can put it any better.

1. When searching, first do a search only in subjects and if you dont get many results, then do a search in subject and message text.

2. Searching is an art, but a skill everyone should seriously develop and practice (not only for this forum, but search skills are becoming more and more important every day).

3. Show results as posts and then use the browsers find function to search the screen for words to quickly access those parts of the posts within the search results.

4. Dont be afraid to try advanced search tools:

One of the more powerful features of the search is how to use wildcards. These wildcards make search VERY powerful on a forum, especially one with as many posts as we have here.

"Using an asterisk at the end of your search term will find many variations of the term you seek.

Example: If you enter the Search: child* you'll be returned with information on children, child, childs, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.