1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. A Thief has been caught!!! - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

How to feed black oil sunflower seeds BOSS?

Discussion in 'Pasture, Hay, & Forages: Information & Management' started by WILLIFORD, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Sep 28, 2018
    WILLIFORD

WILLIFORD Ridin' The Range

I am new to the goat world. We just purchased 3 Nigerian dwarfs does in the last 2-3 months. One is a 3 year old who is in milk. The other two are only about 6 months old. My 3 year olds production seems to be a little on the low side. At best I am getting about 3 cups a day, this is the total from milking twice a day. She gets all the grain she can consume during the 2 milkings and has free choice quality alfalfa, plus free choice minerals, copper and baking soda. I have read that adding BOSS to her diet can help boost production. My question is should I be giving her whole sunflower seeds or is it necessary to give her already hulled seeds, and how much should I give her?