How to keep rats out of water buckets

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have a rat issue that i being solved. I can’t seem to keep the rats from dying in my lambs water bucket. There is at least one in there egg morning. I’m worried Dutch (the lamb) might get sick. Any suggestions.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
1)Remove the bucket late and replace early morning.
2) grease sides of bucket so rat can't climb in
3) move bucket away from anything rats are climbing onto to dive in
4) set traps for rats

🤷🤞

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ironically there is a water bucket rat trap that you have accidentally discovered. Put on Craigslist? I’d pay you for a bucket that attracts and dispatches rodents. None of my rat trap buckets are working 😆:hide

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ironically there is a water bucket rat trap that you have accidentally discovered. Put on Craigslist? I’d pay you for a bucket that attracts and dispatches rodents. None of my rat trap buckets are working 😆:hide
It’s funny because one of those traps are in the stall next to my lamb. Yet they all want to die in my stall. One of the goats water buckets attracts lizards.

I’m going to try @Mini Horses suggestions. I can’t take away his water bucket tho.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I moved how bucket away from the wall and feeder. He got confused and couldn’t find his water for a bit. We will see how this goes. I’m going to get some crisco for the sides if that doesn’t work

Latest posts