TWINS!!!!!!

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Newton as of this afternoon has taken to sitting in her she'd and yelling at anyone and everything including our chickens. Her utter has developed nicely her stomach has dropped and her hips (under her 3 inches of hair) are protruding. And there is signs of something dried on the end of her teats (my dad says it's colostrum ) and has shown pretty much every other sign in the book... any final signs anyone has noticed in their flock? Do different breeds show different signs?

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
The last and final sign that I usually see is an amber goo discharge and then they start pawing the ground. Sometimes the other way around. The getting vocal part is only some of my goats, not all of them do that.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The last and final sign that I usually see is an amber goo discharge and then they start pawing the ground. Sometimes the other way around. The getting vocal part is only some of my goats, not all of them do that.
Well she's definitly more vocal than usual she hasn't stopped making noise all day lol

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
With all those signs I would assume she would be kidding soon. At this point I check on them every few (3-7) hours until I see the amber discharge. Then I check on them every hour or so. (ETA: This is what I do and I haven't missed a kidding, others may have different experiences) Be sure to let us know when she kids!

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
With all those signs I would assume she would be kidding soon. At this point I check on them every few (3-7) hours until I see the amber discharge. Then I check on them every hour or so. Be sure to let us know when she kids!
I will lol. Hope to catch it as soon as it happens since she's an FF I'm a little worried about how she will take to the baby (ies).

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Her udder is full and has started leaking slightly, c'mon newton we are waiting:caf
She has claimed a spot and will chase us out if we go near it.... her stomach has dropped she has no ligaments left above her tail. She has shown every single sign.... now all we do is wait....:idunno

Last edited: