How to train LGDs?

cassandragrenryd

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Study the LGD forum. It’s got a lot of information in it. Then if you do get one, you’ll at least have a pretty good idea where to start. Stay away from Facebook groups.
I don't seem to find one.. I don't know if i'm blind or what! :,)

cassandragrenryd

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I don't know where you are located, but @bethh in Georgia was trying to rehome a pair of trained Great Pyrenees. They are trained to protect her poultry and goats. They keep getting out of her fencing and she is in a tighter neighborhood and has gotten rid of her poultry and livestock. If you are not in a neighborhood, you could contact her and discuss. Go to Rehoming Gracie and Fitz on the Search engine to find her post about this. If you are close to her this would be a good way to get a trained poultry guardian. She wants to find them a god home with livestock and poultry.
I would love to take them, but I live in a completely different continent :,)

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a shame. I was hoping that would work for both of you.

Where do you live? It helps to know locations when people ask questions since some of our members live in Australia, South America, Asia, and Europe. Some of those continents have opposite weather patterns from the US.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just saw your other post in "Hello". You definitely can't drive to Georgia, USA, from Sweden to get the dogs! LOL

Best bet to eradicate the minks is to trap them

cassandragrenryd

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
What a shame. I was hoping that would work for both of you.

Where do you live? It helps to know locations when people ask questions since some of our members live in Australia, South America, Asia, and Europe. Some of those continents have opposite weather patterns from the US.
Europe, sweden

cassandragrenryd

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Update, Jack russell is doing amazing with the chickens, she doesn't mind them though doesn't leave them much and stays close, which is what we want though we'd never leave her unsupervised.
Though... Her grandson isn't doing good in the slightest. He's too hyped, it'll take a while