How to Watch Threads

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi, new from BYC here. I was wondering if there is a way to set it so when I click on Watched Threads, they all show up, not just the unread ones. I see that there is another button I can click to switch to the complete list, but is there a setting so it will always go straight to that?

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, that is the button I was referring to. I was hoping there was a way to set that as the default, so I can just click once and go straight there. Like on BYC where I view my subscriptions.

I just figured something out that might work. After clicking on "show all watched threads", I bookmarked the page. As long as it doesn't revert when refreshed, I might just be able to use the bookmark.

aart

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The bookmark way seems to be working, both on my phone and the PC. When I come back later, I can hit refresh, and the new posts icons show up.
Yep, worked for me too.
The refresh part stinks....didn't have to refresh on the other platform, it instantly and automatically updated...I'm gonna miss that.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, worked for me too.
The refresh part stinks....didn't have to refresh on the other platform, it instantly and automatically updated...I'm gonna miss that.
That's cuz you weren't on mobile. On my phone I always had to refresh. But I did prefer the way it wa on the PC. I'm still using the old dinosaur Internet Explorer. I have a favorites bar at the top with my View My Subscriptions tab on it, and that is the best!

You know what I also miss? How it tells you the number of new posts. Then if you don't have time to read them all, you can skip the big number ones still later.

aart

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That's cuz you weren't on mobile. On my phone I always had to refresh. But I did prefer the way it wa on the PC. I'm still using the old dinosaur Internet Explorer. I have a favorites bar at the top with my View My Subscriptions tab on it, and that is the best!

You know what I also miss? How it tells you the number of new posts. Then if you don't have time to read them all, you can skip the big number ones still later.
Yeah, that what I used and this too, I'm just refreshing this with the favorite bar tab 'All watched threads' in chrome.
There was a 'desktop' version on the mobile app....not sure what that really means/meant tho. Many things to miss, some new to enjoy...once we figure them out ;)

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
The desktop version on the mobile app was an option you could click down at the bottom, to switch back and forth between the way the mobile version looked and the way the normal desktop version looked. The desktop version was very cumbersome on the phone, but occasionally I had to switch to it for certain features. Such as emoticons. They weren't available on the mobile version, so I had to either switch temporarily to desktop to use them, or, memorize a few of the codes to just write them in. Like :jumpy or :bun

I noticed that BYH doesn't have a button to switch back and forth between mobile and desktop, but I think it's because there is not much difference between them. Here, I get all the emoji and editor options on mobile. So that is one of the new pluses. :D

JRNash

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I DO NOT LIKE THIS. TOO MUCH ON THE SCREEN.

Latest posts