HowduYallDoin? From West Virginia!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello -- from VA. Yep, closer to WV than TX. We love new members and pictures!

Where are you in WV? I was born in Parkersburg. Don't get that way much as most of family has passed away. Yeah, I'm old as dirt but still kicking hard!!

I had a hive several years back. It was so robust it swarmed 2X and I finally gave it to the beekeeper who collected the swarms. He gave me honey each year. Now one of the big issues is chemical warfare for the hives. Mine never have any of the mites or crap like that. Now, I'm not going to get any....farmer about a mile as the crow flies has 12-15 hives. I get all the pollination I need. LOL He sells honey.

I haven't been on BYC is a long time -- occasionally lurk.

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welcome from the great state of Missouri. I don’t have bees but those I know with them said they messed up by not taking a class before they started. Not taking it before wound up costing them a lot of money, so I would recommend a beekeeping class for starters, read and watch videos then start. It’s not just buy a hive, bees and collect honey. But then again, what is that easy.

WannaBeHillBilly

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
What?!!?? You came over to the dark side?! Traitor?! :lol: great to see you buddy! Maybe we convince these guys to buy some salted duck eggs? :lol: doubt it...I think you might like this forum even more than over at BYC...shhhh..I didn’t say that outloud...:). But, everyone is very laidback, and very helpful. There has never once been any sniping that I’ve read. And I doubt they’ll hold it against you for being a computer geek...:lol: I’m so glad you came over to BYH!! Can’t wait till everyone gets to know you!!
Dark side? I thought BYC is the dark side! 😂

WannaBeHillBilly

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Everybody! Just wanted to let you know I'm not a rude dude, abandoning everyone here! I can't post anything, using my computer, only the phone works and that's too difficult for me.
Once my stupid computer starts to cooperate again, I will answer...

Latest posts