Howdy from FL but soon ID

Steve Quintavalli

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well, my wife (Ruth) and I will eventually leave Miami for northern Idaho and we want to raise a backyard herd. I like goats and sheep and she likes highland cattle and we both love large and giant breed dogs. I already know we will be raising chickens and quail (possibly ducks) as well as rabbits. We just bought 10 acres in northern Idaho and plan to relocate out that way in a few years. This gives us time to plan things out and eliminate all debt first.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That sounds like a plan to me! Congrats on the land purchase and upcoming move. There is lots of information in the posts, read up on the sections that pertain to you. I was a member here for 5 years before we moved. Study and ask questions, use this time to learn all you can. Welcome to the forum!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE TX! So glad you joined us. It sounds like you have a plan and are moving toward an end goal. That's a great thing! As Bay said, there's a wealth of info,knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. You'll get to "meet" a lot of great folks in doing so as well. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
It's definitely a long ways from Miami (FL?)... Good thing we humans can adapt to change... :)