Howdy From Northern Idaho!

RathdrumGal

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Howdy Everyone! We are in our third year of raising NDG and three sheep on our small acreage We have 7 goats, one Finn Sheep ewe and three yearling lambs out of our Finn Sheep. Babies are due mid March! We have had very good luck with our goats. We keep our goats for milk and sell the babies to help off set feed costs. NDG kids are easy to sell in our area. We have lots of homesteaders or folks who want small goats as pasture pets for their horses. My Finn Sheep is for fiber. I was going to eat her babies, but so far they have nice fleeces and may end up being fiber animals. Hope to get you know you all!

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH! Good luck with your mid March babies! Sounds like you have a pretty good goat market.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from New Hampshire! There are lots of goat and sheep people here (myself, I'm a goatie)!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frowfrom AK!

BTW Happy New Year!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH! we have a lot of awesome/active goat folk and sheeple. Lots of great stuff in the various threads to peruse! Make yourself at home! We're all a bunch of pic junkies, so would sure appreciate if you'd share a few with us to oogle at ;) Oh, and Happy New Year!

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio! I have Icelandic sheep, but I've seen Finnsheep and they are very nice. Are all your Finns expecting or just the ewe?

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Late to the party...
HI NEIGHBOR! If you need an extra hand come spring just HOLLER! I only have meat rabbits n layer hens right now but was raised on farms and know how that "extra hand can come in handy".
(I'm in Post Falls)