Howdy from SE Georgia

lyric

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Greetings,

Homesteader at heart here. I stumbled upon this place this morning while looking up information about meat rabbits in general and Silver Fox breed in particular. My hubby has purchased us 4 acres and is building a homestead. My style is research and learn. His is jump in and do. LOL!

Sometimes I feel a tad overwhelmed at all the things it is obvious that I need to learn/should be doing; i.e., canning, gardening, (thankfully I already know how to sew). I want to work smarter and not harder and not waste the meager resources (money) available as I am new retired so no job income to lean on.

Thank you to the founders and moderators working hard to keep this place educational, fun and friendly.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from east Texas! So happy to have you join the BYH family. I’m retired and I raise a garden, chickens, feeder pigs, and Katahdin hair sheep. I’m moving this spring, so have drawn in my borders, so to speak, until I get settled in.

I can, dehydrate and freeze the proceeds from the farm. There are many of us like that here and we live to corrupt, uh make that HELP others on their way to becoming less dependent on the grocery store.

Welcome!

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State! We are a bunch of friendly folks who really enjoy helping others in their journey into homesteading.

Ask questions and keep asking until the answers make sense to you. Sometimes we say things so fast that important tidbits are left out... so ask and keep on. I think it is easy to say that all of us have done things backwards/in the wrong order/just flat out wrong and would love to save you the exasperation of tracing our steps.

Really glad you are here and looking forward to your adventures!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Easiest way to not get overwhelmed is pick one project at a time.

Pick one thing, research, figure out, start doing...

When you find yourself thinking "huh, what should I do now?" Then pick up a second project.

But... whichever way you do it... it will be fun!

lyric

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Easiest way to not get overwhelmed is pick one project at a time.

Pick one thing, research, figure out, start doing...

When you find yourself thinking "huh, what should I do now?" Then pick up a second project.

But... whichever way you do it... it will be fun!
I agree. Humbly mentioned similar to the hubby because I think when in Florida we attempted too much all at once - not good.

Thank you, Alaskan.

Latest posts