Howdy from Tx

Rocky Girl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm horrible at intros so I'll make this short and sweet. Working towards establishing my La Mancha herd currently checking a few breeders. Have had meat goats & pigs in the past ( edible pets my parents called them ) But now I'm trying to start on dairy goats.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NE Texas! Glad to have you here. This is a great bunch of folks. I have sheep, but there are lots of goaties here and a very active forum. Welcome!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome. Do you already have your LaManchas or are they in the planning stages? I have 6 goats... 5 pure Lamanchas and one 50/50 Lamancha/meat goat. I hope to get 3 does bred (2 PB and the one 50/50) for kids next spring. The other 3 are 2 does too young to be bred this fall and a wether to be a companion for my eventual buck. Not sure where you are in TX but there's a bunch of us. I'm in Mount Pleasant. If you're close enough, maybe you can join one of the get-togethers a few of us have every so often. Anyway, make yourself at home! Share some pics if you're willing... we all love pics.

Rocky Girl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome. Do you already have your LaManchas or are they in the planning stages? I have 6 goats... 5 pure Lamanchas and one 50/50 Lamancha/meat goat. I hope to get 3 does bred (2 PB and the one 50/50) for kids next spring. The other 3 are 2 does too young to be bred this fall and a wether to be a companion for my eventual buck. Not sure where you are in TX but there's a bunch of us. I'm in Mount Pleasant. If you're close enough, maybe you can join one of the get-togethers a few of us have every so often. Anyway, make yourself at home! Share some pics if you're willing... we all love pics.

No still in the planning stages, wanted to make sure everything was ready before I made the leap.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NW Mississippi!!....:frow
We have goats, chickens, ducks, and cats here. Our goats are meat goats and only have 3 at this time, tho are thinking about adding to the herd next spring, hopefully....if we can get enough done thro the winter. There is a bunch of existing info in the many Forums and Threads, so make yourself at home and browse around. If ya have questions, comments, or advice feel free to post away. There are many here that are more than willing to assist, support, and advise ya thru most all that ya may face.
Again.....:welcome

Rocky Girl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you so much to everyone that has replied, making me feel so welcomed. I can already tell that's a tight knit community with vast amounts of knowledge and experience to share. Thank you all

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
hey @Rocky Girl just now seeing your intro. i'm just up the hill from ya on the ark/okla boarder. welcome to back yard herds. many helpful people on here so join in and look around. I also have lamancha dairy goats and really like them. hopefully your planning will come together soon. again welcome.