Howdy

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have enjoyed my goats tremendously, but now disabled from work accident and goat less. Do to my condition I have to move to Texas so need to sell all my shears and blades. Keeping my livestock guardian Kan gal, the best I've had bar none. I will regoat once settled in Texas. Will look for proper area to post what im selling.

Thanks, JASTECH

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Northeast Texas! Where in Texas are you moving to?

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greetings from the Goldy Show Hens. Plenty of people here also love goats and LGDs

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings @JASTECH from the front range in Colorado :frow:welcome! I'm sorry to hear you've had a disabling accident. Where are you located right now, if you don't mind my asking... Funny that you're moving to TX as I will be moving next summer and right now TX & KY are tied for where I'll be going. Comes down to property available and bang for the buck.

Is there a specific reason why you've chosen TX? Just curious. There are a lot of goat folks (& sheep folks, chicken folks, etc) on here from TX. I'm sure you'll get a lot of friendly TX welcomes! Glad you joined and hope you can stop in every now and again!

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm in Gering, NE, that's the panhandle. I chose Texas on its western side, can't handle the freezing out here anymore after accident, then my wife abandoned me and our 3 trip old sense I couldn't earn as much money after disabled. Its been a long tuff road, but the Lord knows the path we need to take. I plan on getting goats again once settled. Selling my house w/acres out here, thousands of geese and ducks fly over to land on the lake across the road. My backyard also has pheasant, deer and have seen antelope and one moose. It'll be a fowl hunters dream to live here.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I will take my Kangal of course, he is my livestock guardian. I'd find a goat sleeping with him on very cold nights. He is my shadow when I'm in his yard. Need to find him a girlfriend in Texas.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your life issues and hope all works out for you in your move. I have a 50/50 Pyr/Toli male LGD. He's awesome! I hope to be getting mine a girlfriend in a year or so too. I'm N/NE of Denver, so only a few hours from you. We're both right in the center of the mountain flyway for waterfowl. I'm looking at TX on the eastern border... I need/want water! I've had enough of high desert/plains living here. I too am less tolerant of the cold as I age... Part of the reason I'll be moving also. Trying to balance taxes (all types) and costs of living vs land costs... I too am/will be on a fixed income.

I want enough land to have my livestock and still be able to hunt deer and small game on my property. I also do NOT want intrusive govt rules and regs to deal with. I like my personal freedoms.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are very glad you could join us. As I have learned after posting about my depression, BYH is very supportive. You will learn that we are like a community always glad to have a new member.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Poka_Doodle, thanks. The stress is over wellming at times, think the mechanic has messed up my 7.3L idi and my Jeep WJ has a leaking radiator and a Short, my x left me with 51.28 to feed our son, pay bills etc. So I try to handle the stress, sometimes it gets me way down, but I have a little boy to raise so I need to sell, pay the cc's she maxed out and build a new life with my son in Texas. I'm very greatfull to belong to community like this, real people that care for others as I do.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Latestarter, I too will buy land with huntables for our meat. I will be OTG, raise chickens again (somebody stole my 20+ here over the weekend) and start my organic gardens. I will need to learn how to make goat cheese and try goat milk. Maybe a Tiny House community on my land to contribute to gardening, chickens and goats? I like the village type of helping each other, then maybe low monthly rent to help pay for the land?