Howdy

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@Baylemule, I will make a few deals once I get the land at under $1k per container. I will use 9' tall by 30' for the shops.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@Latestarter, I have thought about making my own panels as it would save a lot of money.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I can do high quality soldering with a Pace PRC-2000 setup that's $6k. I hope to make money doing repairs and installing solar systems.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
JASTECH, i built my little house a couple of years ago and really like it for the most part. its about the size of a one bed room apartment. about 650 square feet, kitchen living room combo, bedroom and bath with a little pantry. i made sure it was well insulated and i can heat it with a small propane stove and cool it in the ark/okla heat with just a window unit. it serves me well but with being said i think i wouldn't want to raise a child in here. of course I'm getting cranky in my old age. i wish you luck in selling your place and finding a new home for you and your son.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
JASTECH, i built my little house a couple of years ago and really like it for the most part. its about the size of a one bed room apartment. about 650 square feet, kitchen living room combo, bedroom and bath with a little pantry. i made sure it was well insulated and i can heat it with a small propane stove and cool it in the ark/okla heat with just a window unit. it serves me well but with being said i think i wouldn't want to raise a child in here. of course I'm getting cranky in my old age. i wish you luck in selling your place and finding a new home for you and your son.

Thank you, we look forward to building our tiny house on wheels OTG.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
my taxes are less then $250. a year and will be less than that when my DS#3 moves her large doublewide onto her own property this spring. i have 60 acres, my little house, a small barn, chicken house and two storage buildings. i take advantage of the homestead exemption so that helps with the costs. i built the house with steel siding and roofing so there is no exterior maintenance . double paned windows with a 24 r factor in the walls and 30 something in the attic. its on a poured concrete slab which i have found is kind of cold but tolerable with area rugs. the water pipes are on the inside of the walls not thru the concrete so if there is a problem they are easily accessible for repair. if the pipes freeze in here it won't matter because i will have already frozen to death or abandoned the place. i have tried to think of everything that could go wrong and what it would take to fix it. i have a 500 gallon propane tank, that's enough to keep me warm and fed for at least 2 years. i raise almost all my meat, milk and eggs so that helps a lot as i am on a fixed income.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@goatgurl, reads like you did very good! I have decided on induction Samsung stove with LP oven. Still more I need to work out and will install WiFi security cameras with POE camera's where needed. I may stay with 100 lb. LP bottles as I won't have non needed personal on the property, there won't be a paper trail.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ditto on the fixed income. I will need chickens for eggs and will grow organic. I like and miss my goats so will need goats once I can acquire the land in Texas. My son and I like hard goat cheese with herbs inside, so need to learn how to make the herbed goat cheese.

JASTECH

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm also thinking of a ICF house still. The "R" value should be about 28-32, that will maintain 74-76° all year which will reduce the heating/cooling system load tremendously. Also healthy air inside w/o fake carpets, glues and paints off gassing. I will build our air filtration system that will be needed with the air tight house anyways plus to filter outside air as it comes in when needed.

Thanks, JASTECH

Latest posts