Hurricane Harvey

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unless there is a deviation from past storm events and we have solid cloud cover all day, there will be a heck of a pretty sunset tonight. Ike hit around 11pm and the sunset that evening was spectacular.
Make sure you get some good photos. I LOVE "calm before the storm" cloud shots. Some of my favorite photos are of storm clouds.

I'm going to bake some zucchini bread...
:lol: Now that's how a true Texan Hurricane rider prepares for a big storm!!!:gig

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great idea.... Minor little problem like I've got 2 yrs and 5 months before I can retire. It would be quite a commute if I moved before, lol!
It's called buy your retirement land, build your home and get it the way you want it, sell out when you retire and MOVE. That's what @Mike CHS did and it worked for him and his wife! 2years and 5 months sounds like a adequate time to get things situated before the retirement countdown!

I'm a great enabler.......how am I doing?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today at 1:40 PM

upload_2017-8-25_13-40-8.png

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm going to bake some zucchini bread...

You are a goof. :lol:

I had a neighbor pound on my door one morning to tell me about a fire that was on the road behind me, about 600' from my house. I looked out the window, yep, saw the smoke and said. "I'm going to take a shower". What else could I do with 60 goats, 6 dogs, 4 cats, 2 birds, numerous chickens, and no warning? :idunno Figured I get that shower before the power went out. No power, no well.