Hurricane Matthew

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know the National Media has lost interest in the hurricane
But the rivers in eastern NC still haven't crested
22 people in NC have died and the sad thing is we are still losing 2 lives per day
People are driving around road closed signs and drowning in their cars

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
With all he heavy rain and flooding we've had the last couple of years the news/weather folks preach - "turn around - don't drown". But yet it still happens... :(

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
With all he heavy rain and flooding we've had the last couple of years the news/weather folks preach - "turn around - don't drown". But yet it still happens... :(
That's the same thing the press puts out her
Turn around don't drown
I just cant believe how many people drown in their car

Last edited:

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is really sad.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hurricanes are only news when the rain and wind is blowing. A quick review of the damage and it's on to the next story. I always wait for the news caster standing in the rain, water up to their knees, wind blowing, to tell us how "bad" it is. And telling us that everyone has evacuated--then what are THEY doing still there? A storm like this takes years to recover from, long after it is a mere blip on the memory of the MSM.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is the kind of storm ten years ago would still be daily news. With everyone quick to know what's the next great thing, news has lost its integrity to me. No one seems to care anymore unless it's"trending".

From what I've read thousands of head off livestock are expected to have drowned. Pigs, horses, cattle, goats, sheep, etc. That's only 22 known deaths and water is still on the rise? Why aren't we still heading about this?

I digress.

I'm glad all of the good folks here seem to be OK.