hurt eyes

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
On of my mama's, jenny, seems to have hurt her eyes some how, it's all red around her iris and she seems to be squinting.
We don't have any seeded grass in the field yet so unless it was in their hay which I doubt. Here she is two days ago.
20170313214718_1.JPG

Her eyes were open and clear.... and the next day I tthought she was just squinting in the light since it was really sunny out
20170316010906.JPG
20170316012318.JPG
20170316012321.JPG

But as today came where there wasn't much sun and all you see is her still squinting, she let me get close enough to see the red around her iris but not close enough to take a picture. Her eyes in my opinion look kind of puffy, could it be an allergic reaction to something?
20170318010544.JPG
20170318010533.JPG
20170318010537.JPG

Anyone ever deal with this before?

Alibo

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Pink eye maybe. Slather it with honey (raw), colloidal silver, or even her own raw milk. Anything antibacterial with lots of oxygen will do. My favorite is honey but they tend to lick it off each other. Colloidal silver has never failed me though.

Alibo

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It is highly contagious to all of the herd and you IF it is pink eye so make sure you are washing your hands and be on the alert to treat all

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Do you know where I can get colloidal silver? Does tsc sell it or do I need to go to a vet to get it?

Alibo

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I know you can buy it at some health food stores and pharmacy, but I make my own. Very cheap to make the machine, but you do have to have two 99.9% pure silver rods. There are plans online, I will look around and see the best. I have been through a few different variations but they all seem to work well. The other option is buying a machine and rod setup from ebay. I have had a couple of friends do this. Found good set- ups for under 50$ and they usually come with a particle meter

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How do I apply it or give it to a sheep? Orally or apply it or what? I was reading up about it already but haven't found ways besides injection and orally

Alibo

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I apply internally, externally any and all ways. But this is most important, like every oral antibiotic you must Follow with a Probiotic. It kills good bacteria that they need to digest with so get a good one made for rumens

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I apply internally, externally any and all ways. But this is most important, like every oral antibiotic you must Follow with a Probiotic. It kills good bacteria that they need to digest with so get a good one made for rumens
What probiotic would you suggest? And would giving it to them orally treat the pink eye? Or is that just for other internal issues?

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I just looked at pictures of pink eye and her eyes just look irritated and not like those pictures... I'm thinking she may have scraped her eye on a branch or something, I will get a better look at them tomorrow ( my dad will hold her in place while I open her eyes to check) and will try to post pictures but thank you for the remedies for pink eye (just in case, it's too early to rule out pink eye yet.)