Hypothetical Question Meat Rabbits

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
No different than feeding a large flock of chickens, and they take much longer to grow out to edible size.

Nyboy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks guys this is all in my head at this time of life.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
In previous times of crisis, Americans have figured out how to make due.
Civil War Era soldiers need protein, but worried abt meat spoiling, voila peanut butter.
Great Depression hits: Some folks saw the need to urbanize, and some saw the need to go rural and get back to basics. Gardens, beans and rice, hunting, rabbit raising was real popular, etc etc.
We will survive tough times, but we do it better with community, dancing, beer, and when necessary--getting churched. Haha

Nyboy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Very interesting about peanut butter. learn something new every day

Hopalong Causually

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
"learn something new every day"

I've heard that said many times, but I swear, there are some people who don't learn anything for weeks at a time. That becomes painfully clear when you try to teach.

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We have 4 females and two males. We breed in pairs at a time incase we need to foster.. it's plenty of growouts to feed our family of 3 (4 when the baby gets more than 3 teeth in). We also hunt deer, hog &turkey. Wev got neighbors to trade for chicken should we want it. And an uncle who raises cattle. We have a human grade weed&herb garden for rabbits here at our house. Plus a huge 3family garden at husbands grandparents house that we all help care for.
Should something happen I like knowing the rabbits are plenty for us and that we have other resources to buy or trade with