I am about to tear my hair out..

TexasShepherdess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks Remuda..I feel, based on her personality, another dog to "Play" with may wear her out and keep her mentally happy..I just dont know if I can do ANOTHER Pyr..when Ive got the older girl still too..but it is an option I guess..Id like to get her some sort of fun toy..mabey a doggie jolly ball or something?

I let them have some supervised time together late last week and it went well...Ewe has been penned in the pasture..I was waiting abit for her bag to go down from weaning..which it has alittle..as I feel this may be contributing to her "blah-ness" and may make her less apt to disapline the pup..ewe is acting abit better now, so I may try an evening together this week sometime and see how it goes.

Ive gone thru many different trains of thought..from sell the ewe to sell the pup..and I dont want to do either! Guess I will just keep taking things slow in the introduction..and see where we go from there.

Remuda1

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I understand, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Sure hope things turn around for you :)

TexasShepherdess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Update..

I bought her a new pull rope toy and we played abit (in the pasture of course!) with it. I then let the ewe out this morning..ewe was so happy to be on the grass..the pup never once even walked near her. I walked out and hid for afew minutes..all the sheep laid down..in three distinct piles..the "white girls" who are all sisters, the ram with my one blaze faced ewe..and the "new" ewe..by herself..the bigger pyr laid near the new ewe and the pup laid in the middle of the white girls..all was calm and quiet..thats how I left them this morning..

Hoping all is still well this evening..

Latest posts