1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Guess the build... - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

I cant make mozzarella......help :(

Discussion in 'Recipes and Kitchen Tips' started by rebecca100, May 15, 2016.

1. May 15, 2016
    rebecca100

rebecca100 Ridin' The Range

This is the second time I have tried to make homemade mozzarella from goat milk. Both times the milk set but never formed actual curds. It just kinda clumped together into one giant curd. I guess I got a cheese-like product but I am soooo dissapointed. I followed a different recipe the second time. The only thing i can figure is maybe it is because I used lemon juice instead of citric acid. I used the amount it called for and followed the directions I thought exactly.

2. May 15, 2016
    ragdollcatlady

ragdollcatlady True BYH Addict

When I have made it, the first setting it does usually set into one giant curd. Then I cut or mix it gently by hand to break it into smaller curds and reheat it according to the directions.

The one time I tried to use lemon juice, mine tasted like someone added sugar to it.:sick my nigerian milk and my lemons are both very sweet so I decided not to use the lemons from my tree after that.