I don't know what I'm looking at here - Please advise

Kalimak

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just an anal dimple with poo, I think....phew that's a relief!

Tick extractors are ready available on line and consist of a little wire loop which you place over the bloated body (around the leg and head parts) and then gently twist, making sure to get out the mouthparts. Otherwise smothering them with petroleum jelly is said t work. Thankfully you don't have to go down that road.

thanks a lot for the info! Yeah thank god it wasn’t a tick, and looks like a dimple, I still want to inspect more when I go back home today. But thankfully it doesn’t look like anything is there anymore.

Kalimak

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yeah Vaseline works great for us..this area is infested with deer ticks...but the best thing ever...ducks! Since we’ve had ducks..not one tick! :). And they sooo much fun! :lol:

we have chickens and thank god we never saw 1 tick, and we’re always outside and the animals too. I hope we never have that problem, chickens always free range.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
we have chickens and thank god we never saw 1 tick, and we’re always outside and the animals too. I hope we never have that problem, chickens always free range.
Florida is full of ticks, the ones we have in our part of Florida are the tiny black ticks, having free range chickens has helped us tremendously with the population, but they are always around :highfive:

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
If you'll go back to post #6 you will see that the OP cleaned it and it was just dirt.
Ohhh My!! That's good to hear!!! In the picture, it really looks like a tick... I kinda overreacted there a bit didn't I? hahaha!!! Oki Doki!!! Good thing we have good ol' fashion Cleanex!!! hahaha!!!

Latest posts