I get to drive!

Year of the Rooster

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
A local funeral home has a pair of Grey Dapple Percheron mares that they use to pull their hearse, and the current driver is going to teach me :D I've never been able to do something like this with horses so I am pretty excited!

Lothiriel

Ridin' The Range
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
You'll love it! Percherons are so gentle and easy going. I drove a few teams myself and they are wonderful to work with. :)

Year of the Rooster

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks Karen!

Lothiriel, I am already loving it and we haven't even gotten to the good stuff yet! Today we just groomed the girls and even that was a satisfying experience.

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I would LOVE to learn how to do that. Lucky you!!
:thumbsup

FlaRocky

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You are going to love driving.... The first time I got to drive was WOW!!!! She was an American Saddlebred Fine Harness Champion. My best grenade mare, we went for a drive and was going along at a good clip and my friend Kathy just handed me the lines and said keep going. Boy was I hooked after that. Now I teach all of my youngsters to linedrive as yearlings and two year olds. All of my Rocky Mountain Horses drive. I just love my Medowbrook.

What I would love to do is drive a 4 up.... Then a 6 and 8 hitch, that is on my bucket list.

Maye