I got to new goats yesterday

gaited horse

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
how long do I need to keep them seperate from my current goat

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Quarantine of any new animal should be at least 45 days. Of course, that's not always possible but, the closer to that you can achieve the better.

gaited horse

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
okay thats along time poor charlie wants to se his new friends

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What you need to do is weigh the possible cost(s) of mixing them now verses later. Costs such as treatment of any possible disease(s) and/or having to loose the animals you already had as well as your new ones. It's your decision to make, all we can do is advise you as to what is recommended.

gaited horse

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
i will use the 45 day its just to bad for the goats that want to meet each other oh well they don't have to pay for meds also can goats use horse minaral blocks all thre of my goats like them they are in horse pens that have blocks and the lick them

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Are the pics you posted on your other thread at your place? If so, they have already come into contact with your animals by sharing a fence line with the horse.

gaited horse

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
yes that is my place they are 3 horse pens don from the other goats and I thought that would be good spacing

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Quarantine is when you keep them separated from the rest of your animals.

ludemank

Just born
Reaction score
I made the mistake when I was very new at taking in new animals and allowed 6 new goats to come into my herd of three with out quarentine time and I lost my baby goat to an URI and almost lost her mom. Be very careful who you buy from and where you get them and always keep them apart!

gaited horse

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
the lady had no other goats and had those guys for a week she got them for her mare but the mare hated them. so they are not in complate quarantine but goat quarantine

Latest posts