I Hate Green Briars!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So really... should I bring my chain saw with me on Wednesday? I have no issue with working for my lunch ;) I can easily afford to lose a few pounds as well... like about a hundred or so :oops::confused: and I'd still be above what the govt says is "ideal weight" for me... They think I should be able to disappear from view if I stand sideways. The powers that be think I should weigh ~ 145 pounds for my height. I haven't weighed that since about 6th grade.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, it will look even more awesome when we get grass growing in there!!

Seems it is still much too shady in there to grow grass. No??

Hope you and Joe had a nice lunch after his closing today :D =D Don't feed him too much, I hear he needs to lose a few pounds :hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems it is still much too shady in there to grow grass. No??

Hope you and Joe had a nice lunch after his closing today :D =D Don't feed him too much, I hear he needs to lose a few pounds :hide

Joe, Devonviolet and her husband came for lunch today, we gave Joe the tour, Devonviolet and her husband have been here before, but they got to see what we have done since they've been here last time. We sat on the porch and ate lunch, visited and had a wonderful time.

BreanneRN

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The irony will come when you finally have the perfect, beautiful pasture up and going and discover that the sheep and goats really like the weeds better... Maybe you should leave some of those grapevines and rosebushes or transplant them around the fencelines... They would look pretty there. This year, I turned my sheep out on the beautiful grass pasture. They ate up the low growing weeds, mostly storksbeak, then turned their attention to an Arizona Cypress tree that my horses would never touch. I had to fence it off with cattle panels, which saved it, but the sheep were still eating the bark from the branches of it that were close enough to reach through the panels. They would only eat the grass when there was nothing else... Now, I plant their favorite weeds along my driveway and collect the seeds to plant in my annual pasture. Wild prickly lettuces for spring, purslane, and prickly pig weed are their favorite summer weeds that I plant. Then some oats and sunflower seeds. Afterall, why have a pasture if they don't want to eat it? I am going to plant a plot of alfalfa and oat next. They do really like that. I let out a 1st time mama ewe in the yard to eat up some bermuda grass that was growing rampant around some shrubs... Went in to answer the phone and when I come outside to find she and the lambs have devoured the Butterfly bush and then went over and ate the sage and buckwheat from the native plant garden! and nibbled up the rosemary! All of which is supposed to be "deer resistant"!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@BreanneRN I let lambs quarter, giant ragweed, and wild sunflowers grow. The sheep eat them like candy. I have considered putting us some cow panel squares to protect the weeds so they can go to seed. The sheep like the Bermuda and crab grass that is growing, along with browse and weeds. Mine have never touched the rosemary.

Latest posts