I hate to say this but...

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, I'd love to have all you here, and get to know everyone again, so hopefully most will stay. I actually could get used to all the business.
It probably does help the website stats and ranking in search engines.
since midnight last, there are 13 new members.

The only real impact I see is the "recent posts" box is full of BYC posts/threads making it a little more difficult to see if any new herd related posts have been made.
recent.jpg

But, as my old granny used to say, 'This too shall pass', right after she shook that old bony finger at me with the stern epitaph of "I'll get your good eye boy!"

I have no idea what that meant and wasn't about to find out either....she was, as my father once said about her: "hades" on wheels

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, gotta say that I was thinking "what the he...." when I saw the posts & not the usual titles. THEN...went out and found 15 goats in the wrong field. Suddenly made sense -- hole in the fence, grab some new pasture -- for both groups. :lol:

Then checked BYC to find the conversion issues. So, welcome to you ALL. I'm a BYC member but don't hang there much. We are a little different here and it would be good if some of you stayed around. We're pretty easy to deal with just a lot more to do than just eggs....milking, slopping pigs, etc. Of course many of the BYCers do those things also. You may want to be here, too.:idunno:clap

Turtle Rock Farm

Caprine Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, gotta say that I was thinking "what the he...." when I saw the posts & not the usual titles. THEN...went out and found 15 goats in the wrong field. Suddenly made sense -- hole in the fence, grab some new pasture -- for both groups. :lol:

Then checked BYC to find the conversion issues. So, welcome to you ALL. I'm a BYC member but don't hang there much. We are a little different here and it would be good if some of you stayed around. We're pretty easy to deal with just a lot more to do than just eggs....milking, slopping pigs, etc. Of course many of the BYCers do those things also. You may want to be here, too.:idunno:clap
:lol:

Most of my BYC acquaintances have at least goats as well, so I'm fairly sure they'll be sticking around. I'll be getting some goats next summer, so I'll be back then for sure.
(Yes, Benny, you may post the terminator "I'll be back" image)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I'll tell ya...the other day when my phone started "Blowing Up" with alerts, I was wondering just what in the world was going on. Before I could "Welcome" someone there was another whole Page of intros, so I ceased to respond....cause I have a bunch on my plate right now. Then it kinda dawned on me that this is a lot like the "Barnyard and Pasture" and the "Mixing or Introduction" of new animals to each other. The BYCers were all trying to meet up and "Chitt-Chattering" away just chickens and ducks will do...in their attempts to figure things out. All the while the herd animals are trying to evaluate the "Newbies" in the pasture and all the "Chitt-Chattering" going on. I just had to smile as this came to mind.
I'm certainly glad it is them that had to come to the pasture while the barnyard is renovated, instead of the other way around. Tho I still have to say that my ducks still don't need any Diapers....:lol: :gig:lol::gig

Turtle Rock Farm

Caprine Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'll tell ya...the other day when my phone started "Blowing Up" with alerts, I was wondering just what in the world was going on. Before I could "Welcome" someone there was another whole Page of intros, so I ceased to respond....cause I have a bunch on my plate right now. Then it kinda dawned on me that this is a lot like the "Barnyard and Pasture" and the "Mixing or Introduction" of new animals to each other. The BYCers were all trying to meet up and "Chitt-Chattering" away just chickens and ducks will do...in their attempts to figure things out. All the while the herd animals are trying to evaluate the "Newbies" in the pasture and all the "Chitt-Chattering" going on. I just had to smile as this came to mind.
I'm certainly glad it is them that had to come to the pasture while the barnyard is renovated, instead of the other way around. Tho I still have to say that my ducks still don't need any Diapers....:lol: :gig:lol::gig
Yeh... Us chooks are bawk bawk BGAWKing around, trying to locate everyone & sounding a whole bunch like chickens in the process.

Diapers? Now what fooferaw you been reading about us? :p

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess it was about a yr ago I was over on BYC trying to get some questions answered about ducks, I kept asking questions to no responses...and then, kept getting passed over by some members dicussing how to put diapers on a duck, so they could keep it inside. That's when I decided to head to the "Herds" and have been here since Sept last yr. I did get a kick out of the Guinea section tho...they were a Hoot.

mustangrooster

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If, I maybe, by a chance, wanted to stay, would I be hearing groans or would I be allowed to stay? I can just sit in the corner with the chickens, and I'll try to hush up?

:hide

Oh boy. I had a feeling a thread like this would come up sooner or later, i had a feeling we'd drive y'all bonkers in a matter of time.

Ol Grey Mare

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
If, I maybe, by a chance, wanted to stay, would I be hearing groans or would I be allowed to stay? I can just sit in the corner with the chickens, and I'll try to hush up?

:hide

Oh boy. I had a feeling a thread like this would come up sooner or later, i had a feeling we'd drive y'all bonkers in a matter of time.

Poor BYHers just can't have anything nice. .......