I hope their winter coat isn't any indication....

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Of the winter temps we have ahead.

In the last 2 days, our dogs have gone from summer coats to "Whoa, where did you get those polar bears!"

Literally, there collars were fitting nicely. All of a sudden their neck fur is coming in so thick we will have to loosen tonight when we get home. If the thickness and speed in which their winter coat is coming in is any indication of how cold it is going to be, We Are In Trouble!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
And we used to measure the fuzz on the catapillars.............modern science has advanced! :lol:

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It's not hot here anymore. Just warm. Getting down into the upper 50's at night. It is effecting them though. They usually wrestle and run around in the evening and play hard. The last two nights, they just play for a minute and then wander around. I can't imagine wearing a fur coat this time of year.

Then hens have started molting already too!

I was just getting used to summer, now all these animals are telling me that winter is coming. :rolleyes:

I hope it does cool down for all of you soon. Crazy heat is no better than crazy cold I guess!

Egg_Newton

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I an article that farmers almanac is predicting a very cold winter. Seems about right since last winter was so mild.

slikchik

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Stubborn hill, you were right. Please tell us all as soon as they start shedding so we know when or if spring is coming.:p

Latest posts