I let my ewe down

Royd Wood

Reaction score
I'm afraid I let my ewe down by simply opening a gate to fresh pasture 24 hours ago and not checking on her. Today was a busy day with cutting hay and repairing the mower, going for parts so I'm devistated to find Maisy our Romney ewe dead in the shelter - no doubt about it she has died from bloat - all the other sheep are fine but we have had a few close calls with Maisy in the past. She is (was) always a gluttonous eating girl and also nearly died on me half way through shearing but I cant believe she has died on me because I was too busy to check. arrrrrrrrrrr so cross with myself.
Reading Gladecreeks post - Excess gas issues and Aggies reply about older pasture to lush is right on the mark as we do rotation. So take note

Gutted and now through a bottle of wine after burying her

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
:hugs Thank you for posting...you've probably saved other sheep and goats by doing so. I'm sorry you lost your Maisy. It is ten times harder when we are the ones who made the mistake. Forgive yourself, please, we all make mistakes and mostly get away with it...but not always. Yikes. So sorry.