I may get my first horse!!!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! I think it's wonderful, and you are going to love this journey with Snickers that you have started out on. I always start a journal when I get a horse. Fun to look back at your first impressions and things you learn along the way. She's pretty! Bays are my favorite :love.
I see you have made the very common mistake of tying your halter above the loop. Here's a great Youtube to watch that shows the correct tie. Don't be embarrassed, most of us have done it incorrectly at least once, lol.

JadeFarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Congratulations! I think it's wonderful, and you are going to love this journey with Snickers that you have started out on. I always start a journal when I get a horse. Fun to look back at your first impressions and things you learn along the way. She's pretty! Bays are my favorite :love.
I see you have made the very common mistake of tying your halter above the loop. Here's a great Youtube to watch that shows the correct tie. Don't be embarrassed, most of us have done it incorrectly at least once, lol.

I have actually never used a rope halter before, so that’s a lot of help. Thank you!!