I met Amysflock at the Puyallup fair

allenacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
we finally hooked up at the NWHCA meeting after the show. I wasnt exactly sure what Amy looked like, but then I overheard her introducing herself to some other members so I knew I found her. ;)

And what a great show it was. The first heifer out of my alpha cow won Grand Champion female.
Taragrandchampionfemale.jpg

This beautiful cow from Run A muck ranch won Grand Champion Cow/calf pair
P1010860.jpg

These are most of the cattle from Hemlock Highlands.
P1010856.jpg

This is a little bull calf named Vulcan, he is owned by Boise Creek Farm in Enumclaw
P1010830.jpg

Tom Newton of Bitterroot farm in McCleary showing a heifer, in the background you can see Amy (amysflock) and her hubby Paul.
P1010815.jpg

Toms herd sire Ulysses
P1010836.jpg

And another nice bull owned by Hemlock Highlands, but I forgot the bulls name
P1010834.jpg

making some adjustments. I believe this bull beat Toms bull but I lost track. So many classes.
P1010837.jpg

And Run a Mucks herd sire (I think) RAM Cavin. There was nobody in his class.
P1010839.jpg

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations on the Grand Champion female!
Congratulations.gif

It's been rather quite here today-now I know why-you guys were busy at the fair!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
those are some goodlooking highland cows an bulls.i for 1 dont miss showing cattle.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh, showing them isn't bad; it's the waiting around to show and then to release time so you can go home that's the killer.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
kitty i loved showing calves.i broke my 1st show heifer when i was 7.an she was about 7 months old.my dad said if i wanted to show bad enough i had to break my own calves to lead.over 11yrs i think i broke 6 calves to lead.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:gig I broke more than I care to remember and did everything but, clip and show. The boss had three kids who all showed-usually 3 head each-for years.

The surprise was the year I was handed the lead to a cow that had just reared on her hind legs minutes before. The kid showing her (another neighbor) had forgotten something. He also forgot to get her used to the show halter and when the chain came up on her chin she reared! Took 3 grown men to bring her back under control.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i had a reg holstein heifer that loved to mule kick anything that was behind her.an she would also take my head off if i wasnt watching her when i bent over in front of her.every show she went to we would motion for the judge to walk behind her out of kicking range.because she would try to kick any an everybody.an i could not break her from kicking.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
i had a reg holstein heifer that loved to mule kick anything that was behind her.an she would also take my head off if i wasnt watching her when i bent over in front of her.every show she went to we would motion for the judge to walk behind her out of kicking range.because she would try to kick any an everybody.an i could not break her from kicking.
Nose leader tied to the hind leg! They get themselves. :D

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
she was so fast at kicking. she would knock you out. fore you got the nose lead tied to her leg.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Had one of those. Every two months she would start acting funny and I knew it was coming. I would do the nose leader on her and that would break her for another couple months. Then one time she decided to kick like the devil was after her/with the nose leader in. She ended up landing upside down-all 4 feet pointing straight up. I laughed so hard it hurt! :gig That cured her!