I need a new camera body...

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, not that kind, the one that attaches to the lens.
I wonder if I can get clearer pics with an upgraded body. Probably need a better tripod, too.
Saw some deer, but they left by the time I went out there. So, took some woods pics instead. Eh.
The others are the same field, just at different lengths. Interesting how it doesn't seem equal with how much closer it gets each time.

DSC_1082.jpg
DSC_1087.jpg
DSC_1088.jpg

150mm
DSC_1090.jpg

200mm
DSC_1091.jpg

300mm
DSC_1092.jpg

400mm
DSC_1093.jpg

500mm
DSC_1094.jpg

600mm
DSC_1095.jpg

And the tree further back, still 600mm
DSC_1096.jpg

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm kind of in the market for one too... I have a Nikon D50 but it is obsolete and I lost the charger... so it's kind of useless unless I buy a new charger. So I am looking at a decent (comparable to the D50) Nikon body that can use my lenses since I have 3 nice lenses already.

I've been shooting with my phone for years now and I'm starting to itch to take good pictures again rather than just cheap android photos.

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a good upgrade would be the d7200. They can be bought used for around $500 give or take a little.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sounds like a good upgrade would be the d7200. They can be bought used for around $500 give or take a little.
That does look pretty comparable to the D50 but with some extra quality.

Looked at a comparison chart & it was great until the fixed screen. That's a deal breaker. I use it constantly. :(
Fixed screen meaning it is just on the back of the camera? I wouldn't want one that moves... that would be weird...

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm kind of looking at the D5600. Is there anything about that one that you can think of that I wouldn't want? It is still a current camera that I could get new, the 7200 is no longer in production and you can only buy used which is OK but I would rather go with new if possible.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
That does look pretty comparable to the D50 but with some extra quality.

Fixed screen meaning it is just on the back of the camera? I wouldn't want one that moves... that would be weird...

Having a fixed screen means being bent over, head tilted & struggling more with the sun.
Tilt screen let's me stand and turn it to me however I need it.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Having a fixed screen means being bent over, head tilted & struggling more with the sun.
Tilt screen let's me stand and turn it to me however I need it.
Ahh, I rarely use the screen unless I am adjusting settings and then I just angle the camera.