I need some goat advice

sillystunt

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ok, so we picked them up today.We took the son also cause we split them and oh my god!!! Talk about seperation anxiety...lol We drove to the atmgot more$$$ and went back to get him. His horns are small and so are hers.I know males are larger soi am a little nervous. Gonna look into banning them. Surgery sounds aweful and $$$.

I willpost pi'c of lil mamma and billy later. Now the question is do we rename them.....lol

goat lady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I live in Florida also. Near Orlando. We got two goats in March. We got the momma and her 5 month old billy. We just could not separate them. She was exposed to the buck and we don't know if she is pregant of not. We keep watching her. She is big around, and jumping not like she used to, but her milk sack is not full and dropping yet. We have no clue when she was exposed and for how long. The lady we got them from just let the boys in with the girls when they wanted to. I wish you all the luck on your goats. We love our two. Where did you find yours?

sillystunt

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
thanks goat lady! We got our goats from Myakka City. Super nice family and the had gotten 2 females, not knowing they were prego. They both kidded and sold us one mamma and sin (7m) They were sooo sad to be seperated so we just got them both. Probally better off so they can be together. And he's fixed which is REALLY good.

Were are you located? We are in Winter Haven, Polk county FL.

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We did not take the horns off ours and only have problems with the one doe who likes to eat on the other side of the fence. I'll cut the fence to get her out rather than risk infection, etc with dehorning her with the elastic bands.

As for renaming? We did and they respond to whatever you yell at them if you give them enough attention. Goats are very sociable with people and will adapt to new names.