I never thought I'd consider a milking machine.....

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
A little brag :love
1.5 gals after sharing with the calf - and SO MUCH cream 🥰
20221130_202756.jpg

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
She's a jersey/angus. What I was told when I bought her was that her mom was a mini jersey who was accidently bred by an angus before coming to their breeding program. She looks like a mini angus .. but with the dish shaped face of a jersey.
eva 9.2016.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I could see the pretty jersey face but the black threw me....Dexter's can be a good farmstead cow. But I'd love fresh cow cream....best butter ever. The goats have good milk and cream. The butter just doesn't equal cow butter, even if ripened 😁. So, I buy butter. Maybe I just need to drive to you and buy a couple gallons of that liquid gold....for my cats, of course 🤔. Va rules. 🙊 I've had a lot of good cheese.

This spring I'm experimenting with the cream.

Did Eva have a bull or heifer calf?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm all for that trade! Of course, milking is over around here until kidding starts...Jan/Feb ??? We may be closer than we know. I'm an hr from the Ag center, up 460. Exciting!

I make ricotta, did some good mozzarella this year. Have all the enzymes for cheddar for making this year. Fun but time consuming. Still, I have all this milk coming! Just decide the number of does I want to milk and stay home to do it. 😁

Last edited:

Latest posts