I think I'm seeing spots....

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I'm dizzy! I'm seeing spots!......Maybe I am just getting old :old .... Nope! I definitely see spots!!!!

4649_dsc03744.jpg

4649_dsc03741.jpg

4649_dsc03739.jpg

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :lol:

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's my new baby.....

Orphan Andy

He is the start of my meat herd.

My kid and I picked him up yesterday on a nice, really long, 14 hour round trip drive. I got to meet someone who really UNDERSTANDS me and my GAS :D

This baby has the softest cashmere type coat I have ever felt in my life!

I don't like the horns so I'll have to figure something out, but I couldn't resist!

He ended up being a birthday gift from my parents. I have the best parents in the world! (maybe I should get them a $500 dollar mug that says that....:lol: )

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Pretty boy! :drool So which BYH member did you get him from? ;) I am of course just assuming you got him from a BYH member, just from the understanding GAS comment.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
So which BYH member did you get him from?
She isn't a BYH member that I am aware of....but I have never met anyone else that has the same love of animals. I am sure that a few BYH members understand though! ;)

Please don't remove the horns.
He already has a bloody head and got stuck in the fence 2 times today compliments of his horns....They will have to go.

He is a huge baby, he is only around 8 months old. His dad was big and momma was pretty sturdy too. I can feel his ribs under the coat so I am going to work on increasing his feed once I get him settled/ wormed and decide on the best feeding regime for him.

I was already well on my way to "needing" him (by the second email I was hooked) before I found out his name...My husbands name is Andy too....In fact, my mom and I were talking and we decided that being an only child is just about the same thing as being an orphan....so that means I have 2 Orphan Andys :lol: We have pretty good sized families on our family so we tend to pity those that didn't have the pleasure of sharing everything and always having someone to fight with....you just don't know how much you miss out on being a singleton!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
Boy is he handsome. He looks like he'll be a big boy too.

Please don't remove the horns. :fl
x2. He is very handsome, and nice size for being a baby.

About those horns...I had "scurs" taken off an Alpine buck at about the same age as your boy. IT WAS THE MOST HORRIBLE THING I HAVE EVER HAD DONE TO AN ANIMAL.

Please, please, please find another way of dealing with horns. I will never ever forget the hole in his head, open to his sinuses, or the months of him snorting out the top of his head. And did I forget the flies, and the bandages, and the SMELL... It was horrid. And that was just to remove a scur.

My boers don't use their horns as "weapons" like my Alpines do, but they do get stuck in fences. I have 2 does and buck with horns and we just deal with it. I put them in a pasture with smaller fencing and with feeders they can't get their heads in. I have seen goats with a piece of PVC pipe wrapped between the horns with vet wrap. The pipe extends beyond the horns on each side so they can't get in a fence. Looks funny, but it worked.

If you are going to show him I am pretty sure he has to have horns.