I think it’s happening y’all!

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hmm.. well no babies yet. I’m unsure of what I should do at this point! I’ve been trying to give her space and let her adjust to the new area, but I’m wondering if she aborted because of stress from the move? A friend who raises Californians said I should toss a cotton ball with a couple drops of lavender on it, next to the nest box and then give her another day. But I’m on the fence because I don’t want to mess her up if the lady was off on her estimate and she’s due soon but not yet... I don’t know. I got her on March 2nd, and she was “due next week” at that point according to the lady. So.. do I try the lavender? Do I toss her in with my buck and see if she lets him go to town? I want to give her ample time, but don’t want to delay getting babies for our freezer if she’s no longer pregnant. Thoughts?

if she was bred 3 weeks before I got her, she’s at 37 days pregnant. If the lady was off by a week, she’s on day 30.

Last edited:

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would wait to try to breed her until you have had her at your place, with no buck contact for 34 days. Usually that is the max length of pregnancy. If she's due within a week or so and you toss her in with the buck, that could cause issues with the current litter, or get her pregnant in the other uterine horn. Some does refuse the buck if they are pregnant, but some accept the buck at any time. It's not a good indicator of pregnancy unless you know that specific rabbit and how she will act.

I know it's hard waiting but it's only a few more weeks at best. Then if she still hasn't given birth use your buck to start over.

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I would wait to try to breed her until you have had her at your place, with no buck contact for 34 days. Usually that is the max length of pregnancy. If she's due within a week or so and you toss her in with the buck, that could cause issues with the current litter, or get her pregnant in the other uterine horn. Some does refuse the buck if they are pregnant, but some accept the buck at any time. It's not a good indicator of pregnancy unless you know that specific rabbit and how she will act.

I know it's hard waiting but it's only a few more weeks at best. Then if she still hasn't given birth use your buck to start over.
Alright, I’ll just be patient. Not my best character trait 😂😂

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Waiting on babies to be born is like watching paint dry.
It’s maddening I tell you! At this point I’m assuming she wasn’t actually bred, or that she lost the babies because of stress from the move... I’m giving her until Monday and then writing her off as a freeloader 😂😂

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The journey continues.. apparently it was a design issue.. can’t have babies without fabulous new decor.. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😂😂 day who knows how many and counting!

Attachments

• 6C39C09B-9610-449A-A9D3-77FFF79B649B.jpeg
    6C39C09B-9610-449A-A9D3-77FFF79B649B.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 84

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My other doe is technically due on the 25th, but she’s always late and I’m planning on the 28th mentally :) this girl is pulling more fur, and giving it her best shot! We shall see if she actually kindles:) she’s super late according to the woman I bought her from, but she didn’t keep great records so I honestly don’t know when she’s due! Good luck with your newbies coming soon! 😍😍

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well snowball my almost four year old rabbit pulled tons of fur. She has seven kits. I been keeping bedding in my rabbit cages for awhile now and i am glad i havent changed it yet. She made a nest in the beding right next to the nesting bix thats filled with hay... and she had them there....

Latest posts