I think it’s happening y’all!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well snowball my almost four year old rabbit pulled tons of fur. She has seven kits. I been keeping bedding in my rabbit cages for awhile now and i am glad i havent changed it yet. She made a nest in the beding right next to the nesting bix thats filled with hay... and she had them there....
Of course she did, why would she use the box you so thoughtfully provided? :lol:

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well my other doe (Rosie) gave birth one day ahead of her expected schedule (she’s consistently 3 days late and only went two days late this time!) 😂😂 she had 9 beautiful pink little Californians! I was so excited to count them, I forgot to take a photo for y’all! (But you know this IS my first litter so I’m trying to forgive myself 😂)

In other news “Juicebox” our resident freeloader has yet to have any kits and I’ve decided to wait until I rebreed Rosie to breed her to our Buck “Bunny” (so named by our now 3 year old because it was a “silly” name), so that they can help each other with kits, should the need arise.

Will update tomorrow with photos, I’m trying to give her some space so she can relax :)

Last edited:

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Look at that sweet little hair growing in! I rubbed her fur all over my hands before handling, and she didn’t seem to mind. It probably helped that I gave her some treats while I counted them and checked their tummies. 9 yesterday, and 9 today. They all look fed to me, but this is my first time so if you see something I don’t, let me know, please!

Attachments

• F24BA3FC-67C4-4FD2-99F0-3DCA6125AFEE.jpeg
    F24BA3FC-67C4-4FD2-99F0-3DCA6125AFEE.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 135E77A1-81AA-4F59-B380-74E8666E488E.jpeg
    135E77A1-81AA-4F59-B380-74E8666E488E.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 90

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like healthy bunnies to me. The only thing I would keep an eye on is that since there are 9, you could end up with a runt as I think does have 8 teats? If one starts looking thin or smaller, see if you can do a supplemental feeding by holding the kit under mom while you give her some treats.

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
One little kit passed sometime last night, half warm/half cold, and blood in the nails. It was one of the larger kits too, and well fed, so I don’t know why. Maybe crushed, it’s head looks a little smushed, but I don’t know if that’s just because it was laid on by it’s brothers and sisters last night. Anyways, what do y’all do to dispose of them in a useful way? I’d hate to waste them.. do y’all ever save/ freeze your dead kits and sell them to snake owners? Would love to hear what you try and do to minimize your waste! Thanks!

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I tend to give them to our dog she loves them
I was thinking that, but I have a fat greedy beagle and I’m worried she’ll just sit at the base of their cages and howl them to death once she gets a taste 😑😑 do you ever have issues with your dog being more interested in them once they eat the babies?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
She always been highly intrested how ever mine have gotten out before and all she does is watch them unless i tell her to catch one. But i have taught her to hold them she does better with the bird the rabbits tend to over excite her and she can be rough if i not correcting her or reminding her to be gentle she caught one of the rabbits for me this morning that got out some how. And she didnt hurt just held it for me. Granted she wanted it back but after a correction she left it. She generally very good with all of our animals. In the past she has killed chickens, rabbits, and geese. She also got a hold of a goat kid when she was younger and she penned it and just kept licking it.... she has learned its only okay to take a rabbit or ect if i say so.

Latest posts