I think my little girl is dying.

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I posted on here before about my little goat and her strange behavior.

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8925

The vet is convinced that its heart disease, and after today, I tend to agree with him. She's having another one of her fits and Little Bernadette's lungs are really congested today and I think I'm losing her.

She has had these repeated episodes since she was tiny (she's almost two now) and she has always snapped out of it and come around to 100% normal within minutes. The last episode lasted several hours. Today, she's not coming around and getting worse than I've ever seen her before. She's on her side and completely limp when I pick her up. She's breathing very shallow and I can feel the fluid in her lungs as well as hear it with a stethascope.

I gave her a dose of banamine, just like last time to try and keep her comfortable. She's calm, but wasting away. I thought that last time, but she bounced back, so she could surprise me, but this time I doubt it. I'm just trying to keep her as comfortable as possible until she passes or rebounds. I just never know with this goat?

Just thought I'd share. I'll keep you posted as to the outcome.

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Her eyes are open and her heart is beating hard but her breathing is so shallow. She's comfortable or at least doesn't appear to be in any pain right now.

I have to wonder if she'll have a nice rest like last time and bounce right back? That would be nice, but at this point it would be a relief if she would pass. I know that this sounds terrible, but to constantly wonder when and if one of these episodes is going to take her this time or not, is just very stressful.

Latest posts