I think my little girl is dying.

Patchesnposies

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
dianneS said:
If you are a pray-er please pray for Mike. And for his mom.
Absolutely, you are both in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs
You have no idea, how much I appreciate them. We almost lost this young man in 2006 and I think I am a bit post traumatic. He is putting on a brave face...but I know he is dreading it.

Deb

Patchesnposies

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
BlackSheepOrganics said:
No one worth knowing is going to begrudge you asking for prayers for your son.

You're both in our family's thoughts and prayers.
Thank you. The encouragement and prayer's mean so much to us.

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you. The encouragement and prayer's mean so much to us.
I hope things are going okay for you and your family, you are in my prayers. :hugs

I heard from my vet today, he stopped by. He did a lot of research and his advice is to do an ultrasound to either confirm or rule out a heart problem. If it is the heart, he's not sure we can even medicate for it. If its not the heart he recommends some type of anti seizure medication.

He listened to her heart again and is still insisting that she has a significant murmur.

We now have to decide if we're going to drive a goat to Philadelphia for an ultrasound or not. :/

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, today I found my girl in the very early stages of one of her episodes. She was just standing, not wanting to eat staring. I brought her in the house, warmed her up and her temp is normal, but she is not.

She's still in the basement and won't eat or drink. I tried the cayenne pepper again and it didn't have any effect. I've given her some nutri-drench and red cell.

She's not getting any worse, no screaming, no writhing around or falling down, but she's not getting any better either. She just stands still and stares and if I try to do anything with her she grunts and/or hollars until its over, then she just stands and stares.

I have to go away this evening and I hate to leave her, but there is really nothing I can do for her anyway?

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The vet said that the only other thing it could be other than her heart is a seizure disorder. He wants me to have the ultrasound done to possibly rule out the heart and then he said he'd treat her for seizures.

I'm thinking I might ask him if we could just try anti-seizure meds without the ultrasound of the heart and see how it goes?

Right now I'm not even able to give much attention to the goats. They are all pastured with the horses on our highest piece of land. We were just flooded out yesterday. The first floor of our house was flooded, the basement of course totally flooded, so I've got a lot of work on my hands and the goats will just have to fend for themselves for a while. Everyone is safe and sound and has lots of pasture and hay and a dry part of the barn. I'm just not able to run a goat intensive care unit at this time so I hope the little girl is okay for a while.

Patchesnposies

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
dianneS said:
The vet said that the only other thing it could be other than her heart is a seizure disorder. He wants me to have the ultrasound done to possibly rule out the heart and then he said he'd treat her for seizures.

I'm thinking I might ask him if we could just try anti-seizure meds without the ultrasound of the heart and see how it goes?

Right now I'm not even able to give much attention to the goats. They are all pastured with the horses on our highest piece of land. We were just flooded out yesterday. The first floor of our house was flooded, the basement of course totally flooded, so I've got a lot of work on my hands and the goats will just have to fend for themselves for a while. Everyone is safe and sound and has lots of pasture and hay and a dry part of the barn. I'm just not able to run a goat intensive care unit at this time so I hope the little girl is okay for a while.
Oh my goodness! Sounds like you have so much to deal with right now! Sending lots of warm, dry, hugs and prayers your way, Dianne.