I wish we could move....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@misfitmorgan I am so sorry for your Dad and his health problems. My older brother was a Marine in Viet Nam. He came home a changed man. He died several years ago from Shy-Drager disease. You can't tell me that it wasn't caused by exposure to Agent Orange. He slowly lost all muscle control until he could only communicate by raising his eyebrow. And finally, even that was gone.

http://brainfoundation.org.au/disorders/shy-drager-syndrome

He went to the VA for years, as he was disabled, and kept getting worse and worse with no diagnosis. Finally he lost muscle control one night and his wife had to call an ambulance. He was carried to a civilian hospital where a diagnosis was made. He and his wife looked back and figured he had had this terrible disease for 7 years and life expectancy is 7-10 years. He died less than a year later. The VA is a shameful excuse of medical care foisted upon our heroes.

Big hugs to you for spending this time with your Dad. It is heart breaking to watch a loved one suffer and waste away. I am so sorry.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :hugs

i really just wanna spend time with him but its so hard because its so hard to watch him go from the strong outdoor type man i always knew to barely able to get around his own house, it just sucks so much. So yeah im sticking here for awhile.

@misfitmorgan I am so sorry for your Dad and his health problems. My older brother was a Marine in Viet Nam. He came home a changed man. He died several years ago from Shy-Drager disease. You can't tell me that it wasn't caused by exposure to Agent Orange. He slowly lost all muscle control until he could only communicate by raising his eyebrow. And finally, even that was gone.

http://brainfoundation.org.au/disorders/shy-drager-syndrome

He went to the VA for years, as he was disabled, and kept getting worse and worse with no diagnosis. Finally he lost muscle control one night and his wife had to call an ambulance. He was carried to a civilian hospital where a diagnosis was made. He and his wife looked back and figured he had had this terrible disease for 7 years and life expectancy is 7-10 years. He died less than a year later. The VA is a shameful excuse of medical care foisted upon our heroes.

Big hugs to you for spending this time with your Dad. It is heart breaking to watch a loved one suffer and waste away. I am so sorry.

The VA is a joke at least here it is. For the first two years my dad was having symptoms they told him it was because he was an alcoholic, thats why he was having balance problems. Does my dad drink....yes....is he a fall down drunk...no. My dad has always liked beer and after my Stepmom died he did get a bit heavy handed with it for awhile but that was not the problem and those jerks knew it. This is the same VA hospital that my grandpa went to for most of his life, after going in for 2yrs complaining about his arm hurting they finally figured out he had bone cancer, he died 3 weeks later. Nope i dont like the VA.

So how goes the house hunting @Alexz7272 ?:thumbsup

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alexz7272 I just heard on the TV news about a interest spike in mortgage lending. Of course, being the news, they had to blow it up to make it sound scary. The interest "spike" turned out to be .04%. They went on to say that on a $200,000 mortgage it meant $56 more per month.

If interest rates start trending up, it might be harder to sell your property and the value could go down from what it's worth right now. Right now, anybody with a pulse qualifies for a loan. A year from now, it could be a totally different story. If you aren't ready to move now, but know that's what ya'll are going to do, then SELL now and rent a place while you find what you want in Texas. Things could get real squirrelly on selling and financing in a year's time. With a wad of cash in your bank account, you could pick and choose what you want.

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Update: Aaron's mother is going on a witch hunt against me, I don't think we'll be moving anytime soon.
On that note, she keeps getting caught in lies and its hilarious.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Uh oh... Is this related to the potential move? My MIL and SIL's HATE me. Which makes my husband and myself want to move. Far far away from them!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule that is not the case here. Banks are not giving many loans, houses aren't selling and people are being told at their closings that financing fell through. funny how different markets are.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Could it be the banks (who just happen to "own" the world by the way, through the federal reserve <and all other central banks> - a privately owned company that sells us <and all other countries with central banks> all our money) have some idea as to what's coming? Ohhhh or maybe going a bit further down the rabbit hole..... are actively planning it? Yes, I'm a conspiracy theorist. Just a stray thought. Sooooooooooo glad I sold and bought when I did. Now off my political rant...:sick

I'm assuming that Aaron's mom is local to you and doesn't want you "stealing away" her son. I'd also assume she's scared of you and doesn't think you are "good enough" for her precious boy child... :barnie:he Eventually the hilarity of it all will fade (see NH's post above). :( Hope you can get it "fixed" before it reaches that point. :fl

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
My situation is very complicated and no, not particularly funny. Mine is more that they would like to control our lives and they hoped I would make hubby want to be more like what they wanted him to be. Instead, every time they try to start issues, he gets madder at them and he and I are more determined to do what we want. Away from them! And BTW he's fine the way he is!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have an EX-MIL that was and still is a mean, hateful ol' blankety-blank. She did her best to make my life a living Hell. Spiteful, rude, just plain mean. Why anybody wants to be like that is beyond me. She reminds me of a bucket full of rattlesnakes that somebody stirred up with a stick.

@Alexz7272 if you are headed down the trail of "not good enough for her precious baby boy" then get him away from there. If you stay in her area, she will do her best to drive you two apart. If you actually marry her perfect son, she will really hate you and double up on her attacks. My EX-MIL attacked me through my children. Evil witch.

@NH homesteader I feel for you. It sure makes for an uncomfortable feeling at family get togethers. The good news is, your husband resents their meddling as much as you do. Move. Move away from them and their poison attitudes. There is no reason to subject your family to such ugly attitudes.