I wish we could move....

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I am so glad I got out when I did! I sure hope you folks don't wait too long...

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Latestarter THEY DID!!
I make $16 an hour as an office manager and I work my ass off doing all accounts payable, inventory, marketing, patient files, insurance and all bookkeeping. Soo now I'll get a HUGE payrise, right? UGHHHH :somad

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I'm just shaking my head in almost complete disbelief... Of course the dumbing down of the public school and "common core" (teach to the lowest common denominator) education system combined with the ultra liberal college education push has raised several generations now of (edit to add MOSTLY - some survived intact) brain dead people... Sorry Alex...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alexz7272 have ya'll thought about buying land and building what you want? You could build your shop the way you want it, making sure that the slab would hold the machinery and equipment you have. And you could build a small living quarters in it to live in while you built your home. There are two 17 acre tracts a couple of miles from us, and they would be about 7 miles from I-20. I-20 would be easy access to Tyler or Canton and about an hour and a half to Dallas.

http://www.boborealty.com/search/La...-FOR-SALE-IN-SMITH-COUNTY-NEAR-LINDALE/924453

http://www.boborealty.com/search/La...T-TEXAS-IN-LINDALE-SMITH-COUNTY-TEXAS-/924377

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If it's going to be a year before you move, you will have time to get what you want, where you want. But if you find something you like, move fast on it. Good places don't last long. I think the word is out on Texas real estate.

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Not sure when the new minimum CO wage is supposed to kick in, but the state economy is going to go squirrelly just before that happens and I have no idea how long before it settles out or what the ramifications will be. Were I you, I hope it works out for you when the time comes. I think were I you, I'd be thinking to get out sooner rather than later.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
They keep talking about wanting to raise min wage here in michigan to $15/hr as well i would freak out if they did, it would totally kill every single small business here that we NEED so we can keep some kind of reasonable number of jobs.

On a side note...i wanna move, winter is coming. If i could get a better paying job i could probly talk hubby into it :lol:

Glad your getting to move though Alex!

I'm just shaking my head in almost complete disbelief... Of course the dumbing down of the public school and "common core" (teach to the lowest common denominator) education system combined with the ultra liberal college education push has raised several generations now of (edit to add MOSTLY - some survived intact) brain dead people... Sorry Alex...
Hubby and i survived :p but i know exactly what you mean. My younger brother i love him and he is smart but he is all about "what can i get", "what is the benefit for me", "everyone owes me"....truly the gimme/i'm owed generation. He still lives at my parents house, though he is now going to college which i am pretty proud of him for but i wish he would get rid of that mindset of the world owing him things. A friend of his who is a twit to be honest was on the other day about how he "deserves" a nice car because he works hardo_O i pretty much lost it and schooled the poor kid. This kid dropped out of high school, has only ever held two jobs and only for roughly 3 months each, he is on food stamps and lives in his mothers house where she does everything for him from cleaning to cooking to his laundry. i can't stand the younger generation who is like that....yeah you work hard alright, hard at doing nothing at all.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow... That would drive me nuts! I try very hard to teach my daughter that you don't deserve fancy things just for existing!

I survived public school too but my husband ended up in a private military school (apparently he was a troublemaker lol). It has gotten a lot worse since I was in school. And being a former teacher, I will not be sending my kid to public school. Most of the day is wasted time, when i can teach my daughter more at home in 2 hours of traditional schooling and spend the rest of the day working on the homestead or volunteering...

OK off my soapbox now.

Let's just all move to Texas huh? ;)