I wished I had a pic to show this but I noticed it late last night, an

vickie2133

Just born
Reaction score
I wished I had a pic to show this but I noticed it late last night, and I don't have a camera this morning. But I dont' see any openings, gooy or oozing. It is a large lump or knot would rather describe it better on her face, I was wondering if any one has a suggestion? I would saw it is over her jaw. I will try to post pics later.

patandchickens

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
If it is a lump that just came up overnight, likeliest thing would be either a) she whomped her face into something or b) an insect sting/bite. Both of which generally resolve on her own, just keep an eye on her. B/c of possibility of bite/sting, make sure she is not having trouble swallowing or breathing and is not colicky. But that's pretty rare.

Less likely would be an abscess (from tooth, or from tiny wound) that has not opened. Again, just keep an eye on her.

A pic would help though :)

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

Chickerdoodle13

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I agree with Pat. Something that sudden is more than likely something minor.

Our one horse is pretty sensitive to insect bites. He gets bumps all over the place from flies but one year he got a HUGE lump on his belly. We had no idea what it could be but when the vet came he showed us the little center hole where the insect had bitten. It was crazy how much of a reaction he had to that single bite though!

vickie2133

Just born
Reaction score
I think you are right. When I checked on here after work, it seems to have went down alot. Thanks for your help.