I won, I won...

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
so 3 years ago the intent was to get some laying hens... which expended into breeding turkeys, pigs, sheep, goats, ducks... always got the "NO" to cattle but guess what arrived on Saturday... :celebrate

I win! lol

1174_moo.jpg

26 month old highlands... now to get a yound bull to breed them then off the the freezer he goes, I wonder if I mentioned that plan?

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hillsvale said:
so 3 years ago the intent was to get some laying hens... which expended into breeding turkeys, pigs, sheep, goats, ducks... always got the "NO" to cattle but guess what arrived on Saturday... :celebrate

I win! lol

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/1174_moo.jpg

26 month old highlands... now to get a yound bull to breed them then off the the freezer he goes, I wonder if I mentioned that plan?
lol did u mean 2, 6 month old highlands? and ggggrrrrrr i'm jelous! we've bred everything from pigions to sheep to horses to rabbits and everything inbetween but still can't get cattle

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
manybirds said:
Hillsvale said:

I win! lol

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/1174_moo.jpg

lol did u mean 2, 6 month old highlands? and ggggrrrrrr i'm jelous! we've bred everything from pigions to sheep to horses to rabbits and everything inbetween but still can't get cattle
no I mean 26 month old highlands, but yes two of them! :D

Symphony

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sweet, I would go A.I. or just a local bull. Its up to you though, have fun.

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Great breed choice Hillsvale and one of Mainehighland heifers calved so today is officially Highland day.
Really like your plan to use and butcher a bull - you could use him twice if purchased young enough and he's no problem around your place. Best of luck anyway :thumbsup

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Symphony said:
Sweet, I would go A.I. or just a local bull. Its up to you though, have fun.
I was told by a long time highland breeder the AI in this breed is a joke, I trust his advice so I am up for the breed and eat philosophy... the thoughts of sticking a straw in a cow hoohaw isn't that appealing to me!

Latest posts