Icicles on penis

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Im not sure how else to phrase the title, but I just wanted to make sure my male is going to be alright. Its been so cold that his urine is freezing and causing an Ice-sickle to form on his...well, we-we. he does not seem to be in any discomfort, or in pain when he pees, but when ever does do his business outside it freezes pretty quickly and an ice sickle forms. Today this one was around an inch and a half long, poor guy :(
Is this normal in the freezing temperatures? Should I do something about it? Or is it just one of those, nature happens things?
Bazaar question is bazaar, so im sorry :duc I just have never seen this before and I want to make sure my boy is ok.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: i don't know... but I really can't stop :lol: :gig

Sorry Blue moon, I know its not funny! :gig :gig

i bet he will be ok :hit :gig

I'm tired and punchy .. forgive me!

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well I would assume that when he pees, the last icicle melts and it's replaced with a new one, so I don't think there are any blockage issues. So I don't think there is anything to worry about.

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Southern by choice said:

Im laughing watching everyone check out my post and not say anything :lol: Though honestly I was really concerned that frost bite or something horrible would happen. Never google frozen goat penis...NEVER!!

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Yikes. I don't know of anything that could come from it as fact but maybe some kind of a oil would help to resist the water, and thus prevent the ice.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
BlueMoonFarms said:
Southern by choice said:

Im laughing watching everyone check out my post and not say anything :lol: Though honestly I was really concerned that frost bite or something horrible would happen. Never google frozen goat penis...NEVER!!
:gig

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
SheepGirl said:
Well I would assume that when he pees, the last icicle melts and it's replaced with a new one, so I don't think there are any blockage issues. So I don't think there is anything to worry about.
I think it has to melt for the most part, I mean urine does come out.
So you dont think frost bite or anything down in his nether regions should be a concern?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pearce Pastures said:
Yikes. I don't know of anything that could come from it as fact but maybe some kind of a oil would help to resist the water, and thus prevent the ice.
I think that's a good idea. Based on what you have said, I don't think that it is a problem. When he urinates, the sheath on his penis get's wet and that' where the icicles form. But, I think Pearces idea makes sense.

I'm so glad I live in NC. We are having our coldest night of the year tonight. High Teens.

Latest posts