Identify this bush?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
See it all along the forests here -- curious. It has a long stem (like an elderberry) and when old enough does branch some. It sends up a large floral display, tiny white flowers, which look like someone stuck a bouquet up there. Now, those have turned into some dark purple berries.

image2.jpg
image3.jpg

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 204

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have no idea. Sometimes I will look up plants for my state/region and find what I am looking for. I am sure your state has a data base.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
These bushes are everywhere on my property...i don't know what they are!
I thought at first that they could be elderberries...but the leaves don't really look right.
And i tried one of the berries (not a good idea) and it was horribly bitter :sick
If you find out what it is...i wanna know!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aralia Spinosa. Not good for anything human. :D At least that is done for me. I can be at ease.:old

Certain this is what it is, pics, and all are spot on. It is more than plentiful and bugged me to know what it was. A berry -- ya know :D -- ain't no good for nothing. Spikey thorns on it, too. Commonly called "the devils walking stick"...fits!! It's not on my farm, just along all the roads nearby. :eek:

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aralia Spinosa. Not good for anything human. :D At least that is done for me. I can be at ease.:old

Certain this is what it is, pics, and all are spot on. It is more than plentiful and bugged me to know what it was. A berry -- ya know :D -- ain't no good for nothing. Spikey thorns on it, too. Commonly called "the devils walking stick"...fits!! It's not on my farm, just along all the roads nearby. :eek:
Good to know!