IF THIS WAS YOUR GOAT WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Showinggoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I started feeding my sheep 4 ounces a day of the championdrive that Purina makes it awesome! I know people feed it to goats too. How much does he weigh? How much feed are you giving him every day?
That’s what I was looking at. He weighs around 75 right now and I’m feeding him 3 lbs a day.

Showinggoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So the best exercise for the goats seem to be getting them up in their hind legs. So I would get my die to stand on a block when eating. I hand her hay basket high so her has to put her foods on the little ledge. It gave her a huge butt. It you want to work on the shoulders you can get the horse halter and put it on like a dog harness. He look like hi might be a yearling size. Take some measurements. Get him on champion drive. They will amp up his growth and mussel. If you have a friend to help you then hold you goat on one side of a long road and got the friend shake his feed and unleash him. This worked great. And if you can get him to walk backwards. Sometimes with my lamb and my doe I would take a stand and collapse the back legs. This make a 45 ish degree. Put him on there 5 min a day and feed him some hay while up there to keep him happy.
Thanks

Showinggoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Also, are you planing on clipping him? I can send you a clipping pattern for wethers. Personally I have only done does so I’ve never done a weather clipping but everything else between the dose and the weathers is almost the exact same
I have a friend who is good at clipping that is going to help me.

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
ok so i raise market wethers for 4H and FFA and my question is what do you currently feed him? i feed my wethers/doeling lamb slam and goat dominator with some goat balancer i get at the feed store or on amazon lol.
you want to do short sprints for 5 minutes, and walk with him for a mile or so. run him every other day but walk him everyday. run him up and down a steep hill or any hill if possible, have him pull a tire and once he shows that he isn’t have any difficulty pulling the tire, upgrade to a bigger tire for him. you can use a horse halter as a harness if you have one.
but yes, what feed do you have him on currently? grain? hay?

Showinggoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ok so i raise market wethers for 4H and FFA and my question is what do you currently feed him? i feed my wethers/doeling lamb slam and goat dominator with some goat balancer i get at the feed store or on amazon lol.
you want to do short sprints for 5 minutes, and walk with him for a mile or so. run him every other day but walk him everyday. run him up and down a steep hill or any hill if possible, have him pull a tire and once he shows that he isn’t have any difficulty pulling the tire, upgrade to a bigger tire for him. you can use a horse halter as a harness if you have one.
but yes, what feed do you have him on currently? grain? hay?
He is currently on 3lbs of moormans goat feed, champion drive supplement and a small handful of timothy everyday . I’m currently running him every other day and once a week going up the big mountain behind the house. His feeder is also raised, so he has to work his butt muscle more.

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He is currently on 3lbs of moormans goat feed, champion drive supplement and a small handful of timothy everyday . I’m currently running him every other day and once a week going up the big mountain behind the house. His feeder is also raised, so he has to work his butt muscle more.
If you can get alfalfa I would feed that instead. Also be running every day if you have time

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Maybe change to alfalfa. He is a goat so you can be giving his 2 handfuls every time you feed him. That will fill in any areas and give some fat cover.

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
what you want to get as much fat on him and then run him/sprint him. that way he turns that fat into muscle. if there ain’t enough fat on him he will start degrading his body to build muscle and that’s when you’ll have problems. so you want to get as much fat on him and then turn that into fat.