If you want BYCows to stay the way it is... Show it!

reinbeau

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
laughingllama75 said:
Yes, Welcome! Also, alpacas (especially pet quality) have come waaaayy down in price. Here in NH, you can get PQ ones for $200 and up. I am an enabler, so I say Do it! Do it! DO IT!!! :D
You're kidding - OMG. My husband would think he died and went to heaven if I was to give him the go-ahead on moving......but my roots are deep here. We'll see. I've got some nice pic of alpacas I've taken when we went up to the Common Ground Fair, I'll post them later.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
reinbeau,
Is it the place your roots are tied too or the area? If it's the area maybe you can get lucky and find something in or around there.

reinbeau

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
reinbeau,
Is it the place your roots are tied too or the area? If it's the area maybe you can get lucky and find something in or around there.
It's my home, I've been here for 31 years, my gardens are all around me, I've got mature plantings of stuff that came from my parents - my kids were born here (I moved a lot when I was younger and really hated it). So, when I say my roots are deep I mean all kinds of roots! Plus my mother isn't getting any younger, and my sister has some things she's going to need help with later on in life - I'm thinking when Mom isn't with us anymore (that's not going to be for a long time, I hope!) I know my sister would be amenable to moving, and my husband would love it, so it just may happen....someday!

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Reinbeau, Welcome to the herd!!! To what it ever may be. This place is like a piece of heaven to me. Everyone is great and very caring!! Hope you stick around Cows or what ever your raising!! :welcome

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Farmer Kitty said:
reinbeau,
It's my home, I've been here for 31 years, my gardens are all around me, I've got mature plantings of stuff that came from my parents - my kids were born here (I moved a lot when I was younger and really hated it). So, when I say my roots are deep I mean all kinds of roots! Plus my mother isn't getting any younger, and my sister has some things she's going to need help with later on in life - I'm thinking when Mom isn't with us anymore (that's not going to be for a long time, I hope!) I know my sister would be amenable to moving, and my husband would love it, so it just may happen....someday!
I can understand those roots! Yes, they would be hard to break and it's more than the gardens as you can take plants with you. It's the memories and the love you have for the place!

Latest posts