I'm at a loss....Buck gone horny!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sometimes it works out okay, but when you already have a very hormonal buck it's best to put him with another buck.

We see so many wethers really going through it- especially when rut comes around :(

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I never heard about that being a issue. I will defiantly keep two buck together now. Plus I would hate to put our tasty thru that.

He is the goat pictured in my avatar.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
from what we are seeing (we have our buck and a buckling together) a buck similar in size to what you already have might be a good idea. Our buckling gets chased off a lot by the buck.

GoreFarms5796

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I separated him and picked a doe that I knew was pregnant and put with him for now until I could get another buck. He was ok as far as being a lover. Him and her didn't like being separated from the heard but they got better as the days went on.

NOW....the original doe wants to get to him!!!! Last night she wouldn't eat....and this morning she standing at the little fence they share with her collar half off her head which meant she's been trying to stick her head through the little squares trying to get to him!

Now I'm truly at at loss!

GoreFarms5796

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking too. But why does she keep coming in heat? I don't get it. He has bred her multiple times.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is your region Selenium deficient? If so when was the last time she had a BoSe shot?

Did you flush her before breeding?

GoreFarms5796

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We are not Selenium deficient in our area. We've talked with our vet and we make sure they have all the minerals they need.

I'm not sure what you mean by "flush" her? As I've said this is all new to me and I have not read anything about flushing.