I'm curious about udder operation

Pakalana

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
yes cows can an will hold their milk up on pourpose.i dont care if your hand or machine milking.they will hold it up.i got good at machine stripping cows.because i knew wich cows held some milk up.
Okay, well I'll just keep working at it then. I could always talk the goat into giving it up, Amy is a little different story. I've been trying a little more of the massaging during the milking and she's emptying out better.

Now I have another question, how do to you machine strip???

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You gently pull down on the inflation, below the teat cup. There's a varying opinion on doing machine stripping. Some say it's not good and you should hand strip. And of course some say it's good. I think the big thing is to strip with consistancy. BTW-I hate stripping!

Pakalana

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
LOL!
Again my curiosity strikes. Well Grandpa and Aunt would come tar and feather me if I ever stripped a milker, unless I had "A dang good reason!".
I've read for and against statements, I figure info and know how is good to have.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
if a cow holds some milk up.an you dont strip her.she could get a case of mastitis from holding her milk up.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
Pakalana, Nursing a baby gives a whole new understanding of the milking process. If you come across any breastfeeding books, they may help you understand. It's the same thing whether bovine or human. There is a lot of mental into it, and some cows and some people are just mental!

Pakalana

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
ROFL!!!

Okay well I have plenty of experience (4.5 yrs total) there, no books required. ;)

I guess I should have made that leap of logic myself.

Thanks guys.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
Paka,
If you have that much nursing experience, you know what it will take. Just transfer all the info to the new situation.

maybe we can start a Bovine La Leche group :lol:

Latest posts